Tuesday 6 October 2009

that time of year...

Well, this is it. No going back now. The cold is slowly but surely settling in, and it is undeniably autumn. Which is fine by me, really, only I have to get up early and come home when the sun comes down, so I don't get to see much light in the day. I can't bear to think what happens when we turn back our clocks in a couple of weeks' time.
Does anybody else get anxious about it? I'm trying not to think about it too much, but can't help it. They say in Switzerland (at least I think it's Switzerland) people pay to have luminotherapy! Judging by how dark it felt this morning, some of us may need to book sessions soon...

But enough of this grumpy stuff; really I do love autumn, and here's why...

* I get to start knitting a scarf, like every year (and hope that, for once, I won't give up!)
* I start making early plans for Christmas presents for family and friends
* I can snuggle up in bed for hours without feeling the least bit guilty
* Any excuse for cooking a stew / cake / almondy biscuits etc...
* Anywhere you look it's like fireworks in the trees


Say, do YOU like autumn? What is it about it that makes us love it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...