Wednesday 22 September 2010

"arm aber sexy"

To prepare for long autumn evenings sewing by the fire by the radiator, I made this cushion a while ago.


Autumn is my favourite season of all, and I really look forward to being able to enjoy it fully when I'm on holidays in about four weeks'time. I am going to be on the move quite a bit during this half-term, jetting around between Northern Spain (for a school trip), Paris (for shopping  romance) and Berlin. Yes, Berlin again!

There is nothing quite like Berlin and the crispness of autumn mixed together. The first time I visited this city was almost by accident, when Mr Lavender and I booked a ticket two days beforehand instead of going camping in the Lake District (too cold). It's hard to explain what happened there, but it just had that amazing feeling about it, like the perfect balance between peaceful and awe-inspiring monuments / buildings and trend-setting vibrant little cafes and improvised art places.
Plus, everybody is lovely and kind. People smile at you, and say hi in the metro. How cool is that? Berlin truly deserves its nickname "arm aber sexy" - "poor but sexy".

I cannot wait to get myself a new completely OTT advent calendar like last year, and hope Lindt will outdo themselves again!
        
******
German readers - is there anything I'm missing out on in Berlin? I've visited the obvious places, but if you know of a nice place to eat / buy fabric / discover, let me know.

2 comments :

  1. This cushy looks so soft and comfy--perfect for autumn! And, oh my, it sounds like you will be traveling to some wonderful places. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favorite time of year, too! And I am extremely jealous of all the traveling you'll be doing. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...