Thursday 2 September 2010

hen night - HELP!


So this December I'm going to assume a brand-new role for the first time in my life:
* bridesmaid *
I have never really paid attention to what the key people do during a wedding (probably too busy drinking and catching up with people you only seem to bump into at weddings these days), but the future bride has informed me of my duties and here they are, in no particular order:

* make the favours for every guest (oh, they are starting to be really cute, I'll show you soon)
* make my famous pancakes on the morning of the wedding (piece of cake!)
and...the hardest...
* organise the hen night (totally out of my comfort zone)

So this is my cry for all your contributions and ideas, your comments on past experiences, good or bad!
So far, I have a few ideas...

a pottery class in the afternoon?

a cocktail -making class at Cloud 23?

a karaoke night?

I have the feeling there should be a theme to the night, maybe a classic SATC, or something totally girlie like Marie-Antoinette. Or maybe that's just silly? What do you think?

In other news, I have just about survived the start of the new school year, but already feel like I need a major glass of wine distraction in the evening. So, thanks in advance for your amazing contributions to my plea - I'm off to distract myself!!

3 comments :

  1. I've organized a wedding shower before (you can read about it in my blog archives) but never a hen night! All your ideas sound fun. Sorry that I'm absolutely no help!!

    http://kittenslosthermittens.blogspot.com/2008/05/showers-of-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas sound very good. I can suggest a professional makeup class before clubbing...but I think the pottery class would be funnier.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog. thanks for sharing. i liked. keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...