Monday 17 January 2011

comfort food game

I am glad to announce that someone DID eventually get it right! Run lori run has finally cracked the riddle, and guessed that the comfort food was chestnut cake. It's not the most common thing, I'll give you that, but back home in France it is one of my favourite things ever.
As usual, there's loads of different recipes, but my father makes it by mixing chestnuts to vanilla sugar and butter (not for the faint-hearted), turning it into a paste, and covering it with melted dark chocolate. Yu-huh-mmy!
As he came to visit during the festive period, he brought me some of last autumn's mix, and all I had to do is add the chocolate on top. I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved it, and as I don't get to eat as much of it as I'd like, it's now become my  Proust "madeleine".


Well done to Run Lori Run for her perseverance. Being the only one with the correct answer by this morning, she wins the smelly prize of a bunch of my lavender hearts. Congratulations to her, and thanks to everyone else for taking part. I'll try and make my next game a bit easier.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...