Tuesday 25 January 2011

winter


Winter feels really slow at the moment. As soon as the weekend arrives I plan to start using my new patchwork equipment I got for Christmas, and I dream of being able to (one day) catch up with the like of those talented ladies.
But every Friday night the same weird thing happens. I switch to comfy lazy mode, make a nice meal or two, sleep, kick myself to do a bit of house cleaning, and then just end up wasting the days away, and making the most of seeing the Man. By the time I really want to get started on my sewing, daylight is already gone...and it's time for tea and cake. You see the vicious circle I'm in?


5 comments :

  1. I know the feeling! I haven't been as crafty as I've wanted to be recently, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand you perfectly darling! but don't feel guilty if you think you aren't as creative as you wish. You work hard everyday and teaching absorbs most of our creativity! Liberate creativity requires lots of free time and we don't have much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What reassuring words! So I'm not alone, that's nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do see that vicious circle! Those treats look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way. I try to carve out some time to be productive and some weekends it just isn't happening!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...