Friday 5 August 2011

A simple lunch and another trip to Paris

Today's simple lunch, aka "how to use up all the leftovers salad". Actually quite tasty! And it was enough to give me the energy to get on with a bit more sewing. I am already thinking of Christmas projects. I know, it's crazy; I blame it on the weather. That's what rain, clouds and automnal temperatures lead a woman to do!


I am super glad that I have finished my first quilt / bedtop. But I will have to wait for a ray of sunshine to take proper pictures of it. Fingers crossed, eh? I did take a few pictures in the final stages of assembling, and here is an idea of how fluffy the thing is looking. I am using wadding from this shop in Paris, it's sooo thick, I thought I would never manage to piece it all together!



I had a brilliant time in Paris last week. I took my first ever sewing lessons at the same shop I got the wadding from. The ladies were very nice, and taught me a few new tricks, especially about using biais. We made lots of log cabin blocks using a Marti Mitchell ruler - so much easier than the way I did it a few months back!
Paris was beautiful, as ever, and I really enjoyed walking around Ile de la Cité. I think it's a real quiet and nice place, especially once you have veered off the beaten path.

marché aux fleurs

Notre-Dame, from the Pont de l'Archeveché
Pont de l'Archeveché

1 comment :

  1. Those photos of France really make me want to go back! Lucky you to have your family there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...