Wednesday 9 November 2011

Vintage sewing fair

It really feels like ages since I was here...time flies so quickly! After four weeks of not being able to phone or use the Internet at home, Mr Yummy and I left for a well-deserved break for a few days in the country. Slowly but surely, routine starts all over again, and it feels sooooo good to be home, I can't even tell you.
I got to meet a vintage sewing fan, and took pictures of her stall : it was so impressive! Here are my favourite bits of her collection. She says she goes to every car boot sale in the area...I can believe her!


The same curious object I was showing you a little while ago. It turns out to be called a "festonneur". Does anyone know what it might be in English?




The tiniest sewing machine





Quite  a collection, isn't it? I loved seeing all those lovelies in one place, and had a great time meeting that lady. She also showed me the two books below - the encyclopedia of vintage habberdashery...I feel this is going straight on my Christmas wish list!

3 comments :

  1. Hello,

    Thank you for the lovely welcome back!
    I'm loving my new bag! It's for "best"!
    I'll be catching up over the next few days.....:>)

    Love the ting sewing machine! Too cute!

    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're back!! I am incredibly envious of that lady's collection. Such amazing things!
    x Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A festonneur is a roller stamp. They were used to stamp pretty borders on French household linens. These would then be embroidered.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...