Tuesday 21 May 2013

lemon poppy seed

Well, I guess there is no better excuse than being a young breastfeeding mother to allow for this to have happened this weekend...guilty as charged!

This cake is my quick go-to recipe for a moist lemony cake. As with a lot of my baking, it could not be easier. I posted the recipe here last year.It is delicious served with a mix of blueberries and raspberries.

The biscuits are even easier to make. I guess they're a bit like shortbreads, but in french they're "sablés", and here's how to make them- I hope you give them a go!

* With your hand (trust me, it's the easiest way to do it!), mix together 250g of flour, 150g of caster sugar, 150g of softened butter, one whole egg and a pinch of salt.
*Add the flavour you want - grated coconut / vanilla essence / lemon zest / poppy seeds / etc.
* Let your mix rest for a half hour or so.
* Spread it with a rolling pin and cut out the shapes you want. Bake in a warm oven until golden.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...