Friday 10 May 2013

sewing problem solved

About two months ago, I hit a first big problem with my beloved Singer sewing machine - the dreaded tension went all funny on me. 
Then, of course, the small matter of giving birth and becoming a mum got in the way of my doing anything about the problem.
Once I got over the shock of that, my dad had a go at fixing said problem. Read about it here. Then, out of the blue...it was fixed! Not by a repairman, but by the flick of a dial....It turns out that my machine does not like its needle to be on its right position. It only wants to sew with the needle in the centre. Simple as that! No more funny tension.
Has anybody else experienced this kind of tantrum with their Singer?

Anyway, the good news is that I have been able to sew a bit in the last couple of days...well, during baby's naps, and when I am not busy cooking / cleaning / putting another washing on / drying my hair (the ultimate luxury!) / keeping 5 minutes just to myself.

It's been so good to sew again! I am making good progress with my sewing project, and hope to show the finished product in the next couple of days. In the meantime, here's an idea of what it's starting to look like.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...