Monday 3 August 2009

**Sewing story**


Time to start talking about what really matters, and the reason for creating this blog altogether: sewing. I started it like must of us, I guess, with a granny showing me how to do basic stitching, sew buttons and make simple dresses for my dolls. After many years with hardly any practice, I’ve felt the need to take it up again in recent years. My Good Star heard my wish (and my moans about not being able to, you know, “do stuff myself instead of buying it ready made”) and bought me my very own, first Singer. I cherish it. It’s one of my most precious possessions, even if I don’t get to use it as often as I’d like. Since I've had it, I have tried and tested many things - clothes, accessories, bags, home things. Some very successful, some less...all gave me great pleasure to produce though.
Tell me, how did you start sewing? Is it always linked to our childhood? Or do we develop a need to be crafty when we enter a new stage in our lives?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...