Friday 18 December 2009

at long last

Today is indeed a day I've been waiting for for ages! And not only is it the end of term, we have also been blessed with some *snow* over the last couple of days. I finished work at lunch time, and for the very first time in what feels like for ever, I've enjoyed some home time with daylight. Then I snuck out to finish my Christmas shopping (or so I thought!) and came back to prepare a nice dinner that will, for once, not be rushed.
I don't know about you, but I've been feeling Christmas-sy for a while now, and it seems like there's just no time left at all to do anything before next week. Luckyly in those moments, I rely on good old Nigella to show me the way! And this year again, she did not disappoint. By some miracle, I found an hour of free time this week to prepare those little marvels for my colleagues to enjoy over coffee...it has been a winner!

**Nigella's Puddini Bonbons**...ummmmm!

What do you think? Aren't they the cutest things you've seen this season? These beauties are a bit fiddly, but are definitely worth it! The recipe is so simple it's crazy not to try them...

* Mix together some leftover Xmas pudding (400 g.) 2 spoonfuls of Golden Syrup, 60 mil. of sherry and some bain-marie melted dark chocolate (125 g.)
* Put on a pair of food gloves, if you want, to start forming your truffle / bonbons. They should be bitesize, and you should get about 30 out of the mix. Place them on a tray with cling film or baking sheet.
* Cool them in the fridge for an hour or so. Then melt your 100g of white chocolate to make the snowy effect. It can't be too hot nor too cold - not good tips on how to decide that I'm afraid!
* And for the final touch of glam, cut up your glacé cherries for a holly effect. Leave to cool, and try not to eat it all on the same day!!

I really hope you try this recipe, it's an absolute hit! I didn't have any leftover pudding, so I just steamed a new one - just the same really.

And I can't resist leaving you with a picture of my tree. I bought it just round the corner last week-end, and I just love it!
I couldn't believe how expensive they are...but hey, 'tis the season to overspend I guess! And what a lovely thing to look at in the evening.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...