Thursday 14 July 2011

summer cooking

Yesterday I made one of my old classic - tomato tart. I hadn't made one in ages, but the tomatoes smelled so good I thought it would be the perfect way to eat them. I even made the pastry for it, even though I wasn't really in the mood!



It is perfect served with a green salad. And the photos show you all you need to know about the recipe, really. I will post the recipe at the bottom of this post in any case, so feel free to use it, and enjoy!


Tomato tart

* Spread your shortcrust pastry in your previously buttered dish. (I just love my Pyrex one)
* Spread a thin layer of wholegrain mustard. Sounds wacky? Thinks again, it balances all the flavours out!
* Cut thin sliced of emmenthal / cheddar and put on top of the mustard.
* Cut your tomatoes into thick slices, and put them in a circle, one sort of on top of the next one. The more the merrier, right?
* Salt, pepper, and add dried or fresh herbs if you feel like it. I like mine to be just tomato-ey, and then I can go wild on the salad I serve it with.

I prefer to eat mine cold, but that really depends on you.

1 comment :

  1. I don't really like tomatoes too much, but after seeing your photos and reading the recipe, I sure wish I did! It almost makes me want to eat them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...