Wednesday 22 January 2014

yellow


Looking back over the pictures I took in the last week, it's funny to see how yellow is the common denominator (Sewing Bee book included!). Funny too that a colleague of mine brought me a gold-dusted cheese from her local farmers' market, but I didn't get a picture of that!
Anyway it's been a funny old week altogether. I turned another year in the lowest of the low-key ways but managed to catch up at the weekend with a romantic meal in town (sans Baby, which turns out is always weird now). I had great plans for us to have a superb birthday cake, something terribly calorific a-la-Nigella, but never got round to actually doing anything. Had enough calories in my Friday night meal for a whole week anyway, so it's probably just as well.
Instead we made the most of the nice weather and took a couple of long walks (say, isn't it supposed to be the middle of winter...where is the snow, by the way?). I stuck to my plan and sewed a little bit more - I love the satisfaction of taking my patchwork pins out one by one and turning the quilt on its back to see the little alcoves appearing.
We marvelled at how amazing our baby is: she has developped the start of her own language to the rhythm of na-na-na da-da-da, she cuddles us in the evening when she is all tired after her bedtime stories, she loves playing peek-a-boo, fruity yogurts and dragging her cuddly toy along into all her daily adventures. She is simply a star. Our daughter.

2 comments :

  1. It is lovely to hear you are enjoying the grouth of baby Lavender so much. Also nice to see how your quilt is turning out. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light looks so pretty in all your photos! We're under a ton of snow in Minnesota, and school keeps getting canceled because of the COLD! So your no-snow looks like a lovely change of pace to me. :)
    Love hearing all about your daughter.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...