Wednesday 6 April 2011

wisdom

Last week I went to the card corner of my local supermarket and could only find one of the kind of card I was looking for - not much choice, I thought, and it can wait till the weekend to visit the proper card shop. So, on Saturday afternoon I braved the crowds and went to my favourite place for cards. Given my origins, cards are not a big thing for me, but I really needed one. I quickly realised that choice would be limited again - very limited. In fact, as previously experienced, there was only one card of that kind.
So I got it (a bit reluctantly given the glitter all over it), and went to pay at the cashier desk. "Wow" the lady said in amazement, "You actually know someone who's turning 100?" "Why, yes" I said proudly, "my great grand-father."
He was born before WW1, fought and lost dear friends in WW2, grew organic vegetables and fruits before organic had become hip, and has the best strawberries and melon in his garden. He still has a wicked sense of humour, and is a bit of a role model to us all in the family.

Bon anniversaire pépé G.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...